As promised, I just spent three hours this weekend striping my race car, Wasabi, to make sure her looks match her name. In that time, I only finished the hood and the nose, roof and trunk still remain. Also, new numbers. I will keep the number 40, just apply a new set of vinyl numbers to spiff up the look.
I hope to finish the car this weekend, so that it will be ready for my first SCCA race later this month. By looks of it, the white contingency Mazdaspeed decal will work just fine on the striping. Whew. I really did not want to start adding neutral-color boxes for stickers to sit on to the new livery.