The key to this is that this week I have been spending five hours or more each day reviewing the entries: visiting people's blogs, checking their references, and thanking ze Google for Chrome integrating with Translate, so that I can actually evaluate content in any language our awesome community members use.
At 5pm on Friday, I am getting slightly blasé from staring at the intartubes for so long, when this gem crosses my screen and wakes me up:
- Name: FCoTR User Group
- Twitter handle: @FCoTRUserGroup
- Have you been a vExpert before? Not yet
- Please list your blogging activities: All of my blogs are readily available on Prodigy and CompuServe. They were on Geocities, too, but I can't remember where.
- Please list your other writing contributions: I wrote a Wikipedia article. It must have been very popular, because people were very quick to "flag" it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/FCoTR
- Did you make any multimedia contributions? I've got T-shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/weathershenker, License plates from the same state that brought you J.R. Ewing: http://fcotr.org/2011/10/07/fcotr-vehicular-awesomeness/; and, of course, my button [not TSA approved for domestic travel]: http://theshiningrayofdarkness.com/2011/08/13/fcotr-takes-on-tsa/
- Please list any events and speaking gigs: Thanks to the likes of Steve Foskett and Bob Plankers, I was all over this year -- VMworld (US, Europe, and Antarctica), Interop, the East St. Louis Left Handed Barber Extravaganza '2011, and at least one other place. I once nearly saw Wil Wheaton, too. So I should get bonus points for that.
- Have you made any contributions to online communities? To be honest, I've never visited the "web". I only use fibre channel over token ring equipment. Networking vendors have thus far refused to build the necessary bridging gear to allow me online. I did watch the movie "The Net" with Sandra Bullock. That's not very good promotional material for the Internet, let me tell you.
- Did you publish any tools and resources? http://fcotr.org/
Well, thanks for the treat guys!
I am even creating a new tag for this post: "awesomeness."