Alex to Amit
GREETINGS!!! right back at ya Amit.
Since you sent me half a novel here in job description and requirements, I figure you are a man of letters. Always happy to talk to a fellow sapient human.
Have you heard of LinkedIn.com? They have this really nifty function where you can look up your candidate and see whether they are a good fit -- before you even spend your time (and theirs) on unnecessary email. If you would have done this, you would have thought: "Gee, this community manager lady with nearly 10 years of industry experience, working at Google wouldn't leave that job for just ANY job opportunity. But boy, will she be amazed when she sees what I got in store for her: A three-month entry-level sysadmin contract!"
Since I assume that you are a hard-working professional with best intentions, I must conclude that someone misled you about the value of this opportunity, because it is not a good fit for me.
I have also heard that some lazy recruiters prefer to carpet-bomb a database and thus externalize the cost, saddling us candidates with the work of parsing the job descriptions and self-selecting of whether to respond. I am sure you are not that despicable kind of lazy recruiter.
So I'm just writing to you in hopes of clarifying that 3-months entry-level contracts aren't attractive to me.
We have an opening that matches your profile from one of our clients in Fremont, CA. I would highly appreciate it if you could go through the job description below and send me an updated word copy of your resume with your expected hourly rates and availability details.
Please find the job description below.
Title: Sr. Staff System Administrator
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: 3 months contract to hire
Sr. Staff System Administrator
Client is currently looking for a Senior Staff Systems Administrator with 10 - 15 years of experience to build and support our critical IT Application infrastructure. To be considered, candidates must demonstrate strong technology skills, ability to provide high levels of customer service, have built and supported enterprise IT application environment within a large corporate computing environment. Additionally, requires candidate to participate in a 24x7 rotational on-call coverage.
• Strong working knowledge on Linux (Cent OS, Redhat, and Oracle VM) AND/OR Microsoft Windows 2008 server
• Must have design and large scale implementation experience with Fiber channel and NFS based enterprise storage arrays (3PAR and Netapp skills are preferred) in a highly virtualized infrastructure
• Must have strong understanding and experience in VMware virtualization technology
• Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, network routing, and switching
• Experience in configuring and supporting network services appliances such as WAN accelerators, load balancers and firewalls preferred
• Prior experience in optimizing infrastructure components (OS, storage, virtualization and network) to support a very dynamic application environment
• Should be fluent in automating complex manual tasks using Perl, Python, Powershell and bash (at least one)
• Strong experience in designing, building, optimizing and supporting 3 tier / ERP application infrastructure
• Should be able to quickly identify the root cause and resolve critical issues by looking across multiple layers (storage, OS, network, virtualization, and application / DB stack)
• Should have good experience in building, scaling up and supporting database, web and application clusters
• Experience in supporting IT Applications with Apache & MySQL AND/OR IIS & Microsoft SQL
• Strong documentation skills
• Lead in the planning, design and implementation of 3 tier - IT application infrastructure and provide necessary support during application development life cycle and releases.
• Support the IT application infrastructure stack (OS, Storage, Network, Database, Web, and Virtualization) and ultimately accountable for the high availability of the production infrastructure
• Build and maintain IT Application - Software development environments
• Ensure company standard server technologies, proper performance and capacity standards are followed.
• Participate in planning, design and maintenance of enterprise IT infrastructure
• Lead problem resolution and coordination
• Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams.
• Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve the enterprise infrastructure.
• Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
• Position will require being available to perform maintenance during non-business hours and over the weekends.
• Available for occasional business travel
• Strong team player with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to manage additional technical resources to meet the project requirements.
B.S. Degree in engineering, science, mathematics, information systems or computer science.
If you are available and interested, please do send me a word copy of resume along with following details:
Earliest availability for the assignment:
Earliest availability for the phone interview:
Earliest availability for the in-person interview:
Ready to relocate:
Preferred contact number:
Expected hourly rates:
Expected Annual compensation:
Thanks & Regards,
Amit | Intelliswift Software Inc | 2201 Walnut Avenue, #180, Fremont, CA 94538| Phone: 510 870 8644 | Fax: 510-578-7710